The Korg MS20 Mini Monophonic Analog Synthesizer is a completely analog synthesizer including the original circuitry of the classic late 70’s MS-20 synth but shrunk to a fraction of its original size. Featuring a versatile array of patching options, analog filters and its ability to process external signals makes the Korg MS20 Mini Monophonic Analog Synthesizer a virtual powerhouse of creative possibillities.
A development team led by the original engineers strove to painstakingly replicate the MS-20, both in sound and form. The sound comes from an architecture featuring two oscillators (one with ring modulation) and envelope generators with hold and delay. The VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier) maintains the basic design of the original, but has been modified to produce less noise.
High-pass and low-pass filters with resonance and distinctive distortion can deliver radical sounds when the filters are pushed into self oscillation. Additionally, external sources such as an electric guitar or vocals can be used to control the synthesizer or have the source manipulated by the filters. A flexible hard-wire patching system provides endless possibilities.
The synthesizer features a MIDI In jack for receiving note messages, and a USB-MIDI connector that can transmit and receive note messages (there is no velocity information). Connecting the unit to a computer allows it to be triggered from a sequencer.
- Miniature MS-20 featuring a complete replica of the original analog circuitry at 86% of the original size
- Overseen by the engineers of the original MS-20
- Incorporates a dual VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator), dual VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier), dual VCF (Voltage
- Controlled Filter), dual EG (Envelope Generator), and a single LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) structure
- Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
- External signal processor (ESP)
- Extremely flexible patching system
- MIDI In and USB connector
- Replicates every detail of the original, down to the package binding and the included manual
Feel free to pop into our retail store with any questions you may have at Shop 8/210 The Entrance Rd Erina NSW or call us on (02) 43678500